- Cook Time: 2 Hours
- Yield: 16 Servings
Great for celebrations.
- 6 separated eggs
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2⁄3 c. divided granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 c. Stevia Granulated White Sweetener
- 1 c. finely ground slivered almonds
- ½ c. sifted cake flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
Filling and Topping
- 2 15 oz. container partially skimmed ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 c. 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 divided c. Stevia Granulated White Sweetener
- 2 ½ pints divided blueberries
- ½ pint whipping cream
- blackberries, for garnish
- strawberries, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350F. Line the bottom of 10-inch tube pan with parchment paper. Then take a small metal mixing bowl and in it beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add a third cup sugar beating until it appears slick. Set mixture aside.
Next, In large mixer bowl beat the egg yolks and the set aside sugar with at medium speed for 4 minutes or until thick and yellowish. Add the vanilla and the Sugar Twin®, and continue to beat 1 minute until blended.
Next, mix the ground almonds, cake flour and cornstarch in a mixing bowl. Gently stir in to the mix all of the cake flour and cornstarch mixture, adding to the egg yolk mixture.
- Combine the egg white mixture, and mix gently until well blended. Pour the batter into the ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Turn the cake pan upside down onto wire rack for about 30 minutes or until cake is cool. Loosen the pineapple cake from pan, and allow to cool, finally wrapping in foil and setting aside.
Filling and Topping
In a mixing bowl combine Ricotta cheese, milk, one quarter cup of Sugar Twin® and 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Next, add 2 pints of blueberries. Separate the cake into 3 equal layers. Separate the blueberry Ricotta filling evenly between two of the layers.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine the whipping cream, the set aside Sugar Twin® and vanilla. Whip at high speed the cream mixture until a clump formats.
- Finally, lay out a thin layer of whip cream on the top layer of cake. Using a cake ice, decorate with whipped cream, garnish with blueberries, blackberries and strawberries. Serve immediately.