- Cook Time: 25 Hours, 20 Minutes
- Yield: 10 Servings
Cheesecake with flavors of real chocolate.
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 tsp. softened unsalted butter
- 2 8 oz. package cream cheese
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. Stevia Granulated White Sweetener
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. espresso or strong coffee (or ½ teaspoon instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon very hot water)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Using an 8 ' spring form pan, cover in foil and set aside.
- Microwave the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring a bit each time.
- Cool melted chocolate to room temperature and set aside.
- Food process the cookies or crumble them until they are like crumbs.
Measure 1 ½ cups and set the rest aside.
- Placing the crumbs in a mixing bowl, add butter and mix well with a fork until the crumbs cling together when pressed between your fingers, roughly 1-3 minutes.
- Spread the crumbs over the bottom of the prepared pan and press down firmly, working from the center outward of the pan, to cover the bottom and 1-inch up the sides of the pan.
- Then, using a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy using a hand-mixer, or 1 - 2 minutes.
Combine the Sugar Twin®, 2 tablespoons at a time, pausing every 30 seconds to scrape the extra off the sides.
- Add the regular sugar in the same way.
- One at a time, add the eggs, mixing well after each one.
- With a cake spatula combine in the liquid chocolate, coffee, vanilla, and salt slowly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Knock the pan against the counter several time to push air bubbles out, and let the cheesecake cool on the oven rack.
- Underneath the cheese cake on a lower rack, place a 9-inch pan filled with boiling water.
- Bake for 38-40 minutes, until the center of the cake wobbles like custard.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cake in the oven with the door open for 8-10 minutes, until the center of the cake is set.
- Place the cake on a baking rack and gently move a knife around the edges to loosen it.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Cover with foil once totally cooled and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Let the cake sit out for 20 minutes before serving.