- Cook Time: 6 Hours
- Yield: 36 Servings
A great little crown pleasing chocolate dessert
- 6 oz. finely chopped bittersweet premium chocolate
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 3 pkg. Stevia Sachets
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract or 2 tsp. orange liqueur, brandy, or rum
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened ground chocolate such as Dagoba, or natural cocoa powder
Heat the cream and Sugar Twin® in saucepan over medium heat until you see bubbles around the edges, or microwave until the cream is almost boiling.
- Pour half a portion of the hot cream over chocolate, and slowly stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate is melted, roughly 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining cream and vanilla and whisk gently until the mixture is blended smoothly.
- Allow the truffle mixture to cool, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8-12 hours or until the chocolate is firm.
- Line the jellyroll pan with wax paper and remove the cold truffle mixture from refrigerator, while ladling small amounts, roll the chocolate between the palms of your hands, forming three quarter inch balls and place them on a baking sheet.
- If the truffle mixture feels soft, set in the refrigerator to cool again.
- Be sure to submerse your hands in cold water and dry them after rolling each dozen or so truffles.
- Cover the rolled truffles loosely with aluminum foil and chill until firm, about 24 hours or more.
- To serve, place chocolate powder or sieved cocoa in a small dish, and roll the number of truffles to be served in powder until coated.
- With a fork, lift each coated truffles and place on a serving plate.
- Serve right away.